Air & Rental Car Arrangements: All travel should be booked through the ISFSI Travel Agency (Direct Travel). Please call DirectTravel Customer Care at 703-650-5346 prior to August 24 to book your reservations. You will still be able to use customer loyalty cards and receive travel points when booking travel through the travel agency.
Hotel Room Block: The deadline to book your room with the room block at the Hampton Inn Covington by Hilton is Thursday, August 22nd.. Call 1-678-212-2500 to make your reservation. Use code: Fire Service Instructors. Room rate $114+tax/per night.
Promotion: To help promote the Instructor Development Conference and your program, we are asking that you and your team post your program on social media using the image to the left and/or below and related program information. Please include the hashtag #ISFSI2019 on all posts. (Individualized images will be emailed to you for use as well).
Your assistance in helping market both your program and the Instructor Development Conference are greatly appreciated. Suggested social media post (copy/paste text below and add the ISFSI2019 image as a picture):
Please join me at ISFSI Fall Instructor Development Conference on <date> for my conference session <enter session name>! #ISFSI2019 #FireInstructors #ISFSIproud
Registration: As an Instructor Development Conference speaker, you will be provided a complimentary two-day conference registration. This registration does NOT include registration for the pre-conference events or the Membership Social on Thursday night.
When registering for the conference, choose the Speaker registration type and use key 20Speaker19. Registration for any of the pre-conference events or the membership social will be at full ISFSI member price.
Speaker Handouts: All presenters are required to provide a handout for their session. Handouts will be given out to each attendee on the conference flash-drive. All handouts are due by Friday, August 16th.
Presentation: Due to the time restrictions during the conference, using your personal laptop for the presentation is not permitted. Please provide your final presentation by Friday, September 20. Adjustments that need to be made to the presentation after this date should be communicated with ISFSI staff no later than 12 hours prior to your session time.
As a reminder, speaker expectations include the following:
- Commit to presenting - no last minute switch outs.
- Share your presence at the event with you social networks. Speakers that are active online and help drive attendance are more likely to be asked to return to speak again (pending good review).
- Meet deadlines for hotel bookings, slides, abstracts, etc.
- Contribute at least one article and short video about the content of your session to be posted on the ISFSI website, social media and newsletter.
- Stay for the full length of the conference to engage attendees outside of their session.
- Provide handout(s) for the attendee binder
- Speakers, presenting a single presentation or keynote address will be reimbursed for travel and will receive a complimentary registration to the full conference. Individuals who are only delivering a Spark Training Talk will not be reimbursed for travel.
Additional promotional images for use: