UL FSRI STUDY OF THE IMPACT OF FIRE ATTACK UTILIZING INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR STREAMS
||Member Event Calendar
||UL FSRI STUDY OF THE IMPACT OF FIRE ATTACK UTILIZING INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR STREAMS
||Ben Jones [Ottawa Fire Department ]
||Nov 09, 2022 09:00 AM America/Eastern
||Nov 09, 2022 06:00 PM America/Eastern
||Dennis LeGear and Tony Carroll will discuss the lessons learned from their experience with the UL FSRI study of the impact of fire attack utilizing interior & exterior streams, and the coordinated fire attack study. Both Dennis and Tony will present with real world context the lessons learned while providing attendees with information that is practical and usable. Topics covered will include:
1. General concepts of water mapping with interior as well as exterior (transitional) fire stream attack components.
2. Solid, straight and fog water application along with the pros and cons of each will be presented.
Air entrainment and the relationship between the nozzle application and search operations along with the importance of door control.
3. The topic of targeted search with VEIS in relation to both interior/exterior stream fire suppression and the benefits of this tactic will be covered.
4. Vent times and types (Access, Life, Fire) wil be discussed as it relates to coordination with suppression.
5. Information on the driving factors causing civilian death based on full scale burns will be discussed.
This class will benefit all ranks of the fire service as it will enhance task, tactical and strategic decision making while also providing direction with equipment specification and evaluation.
||Ottawa Memorial Auditorium
301 S Hickory St.
Ottawa, Ks 66067
Enter “Earlybird25” for $25 discount on admission.