It is our hope that by compiling the best lessons learned from the fire dynamics research, fire departments will be able to adjust their policies, tactics and training to create a safer environment for the fire service as well as the people we serve in our communities.
This information has been known to be controversial to some, so be prepared for great discussions. You don’t have to look far for good discussion regarding fire command, control, accountability and especially fire behavior. The shared science, research and best practices are another tool for your toolbox! Go home to your department with a renewed outlook and with a healthy knowledge of the Principles of Modern Fire Attack.
- Application of the fire triangle vs. fire tetrahedron and reviewing the types of energy transfer
- SCBA and PPE specifications as they relate to energy transfer
- Define and understand key terms related to fire tactics
- Understand the difference between modern furnishing and construction and legacy fuel loads.
- Explain and understand the components of the SLICE-RS mnemonic